Friday, June 26, 2009

Father's Day!

Well I decided that I needed to publically tell people how I feel about my father. Here is a man that has been there to support me through the good times and the bad. I often wonder what he thinks of the kid he decided to name Theodore Jenkins Badger III. Now that I'm 34 approaching 35 I have seen a lot and done a lot. I have made good decisions and bad ones. My father has always been there to lift me up, listened to me when the world has become unbearable and picked me up when I have fallen down. He is my hero, the one I look up to, and the one I wish I could be more like. He has truly been successful in raising a large family with a few of us with special needs. (Not that we are special ed) He has balanced a successful career along with a high commitment to his Heavenly Father and his church. I can remember how often we went and looked at cars and test drove them. I always love to spend time with My Dad. I hope as I continue to develop as a father that I can be more like my dad. Luckily I have a great wife who I love that will make sure that I'm doing what is right. I truly love her and I love you! Happy father's day :)

2 comments:

evelyn said...

Thanks TJ. I can attribute my success to your mother who has always been very supportive and pointed me in the right direction when required. I still remember the day you were born and how excited I was to have a male namesake. Keep up the good work. Love, BADGER DAD

Desirae said...

That was a great ode to your papa, T.J. I cracked up about the line "I often wonder what he thinks about the kid whom he named after himself." Hey, maybe your personality is a little more like your grandfather. I heard he was quite adventurous, like yourself. I wonder what grandma Betty remembers of him?
-Desirae