Sunday, June 21, 2009

Harley Trip - Southern Utah

Phew! This post was a very tedious one to create. We took a ton of pictures and they took FOREVER to load! We went on a Harley trip and toured the amazing sights of Southern Utah and Arizona. TJ said this is the best vacation he’s ever been on, so you KNOW it was a good time. TJ rented a Harley in Salt Lake on Thursday and we drove to St George {TJ on the bike, me in the car with Puppy}. We spent Thursday evening hanging out at my cousin, Kristen’s lovely house in St George with my family, aunts and uncles, and grandparents. On Friday morning, the trip officially started. We had 20 motorcycles and 38 people plus 1 chase vehicle and trailer {puppy rode in the truck. I still haven’t figured out how to safely fashion her to a Harley}. We went to Zion’s National Park and Moqui Cave and stayed in Kanab Friday night. We ate dinner at this restaurant in Kanab called the Rocking V Cafe. It is sooo delicious and unique. I’d highly recommend it if you’re ever in the area.
Saturday, we went to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and Lee’s Ferry and stayed the night in Page, AZ. We did a Poker Run each day of the trip, so that made it really fun.
Sunday, we visited this really cool slot canyon called Antelope Canyon. It’s on the Navajo Reservation just outside of Page. We went to Bryce Canyon and Kodochrome Park and stayed in Escalante, UT that night.
Monday, we saw Capitol Reef Park and stayed in Panguitch, UT. At dinner on Monday night, awards were given out for best dressed biker, etc. TJ won the award for BIGGEST BIKER WHANNA-BE! I thought it was the perfect award for TJ!
On Tuesday, our trip came to a end. On our way back to St George, we saw Cedar Breaks National Monument and Snow Canyon. We were so sad that the trip had to end because we had such a fantastic time! TJ is VERY tempted to get himself a motorcycle now, but that will have to wait until we have a place to put it. We’re ready to start planning a Colorado Harley Trip!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So awesome. The pictures are great. Jana and I with a few friends road-tripped it to Zion's after our freshman year (2001) and we loved it. The Antelope Canyon pictures especially were cool!

Gina and Jon said...

Looks fun! I love Tj's stash/ handlebar!!

I See Badgers said...

sweet!

Amber said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time on your trip. I love all the pictures too.

The Badger family said...

It looks like an awesome trip! The scenery is beautiful! I would like to do something like that sometime. Maybe when the kids are older. Hey Michelle, How did you do the thing on your blog where it says when each person posted last? I want to do that on my blog. Email me or call me and tell me how to do that.

Nick and Jen said...

love LOVE love LOVE this post. We are so jealous and are for sure taking you up on the next invite for a harley trip!

Julie said...

It's looks like you had so much fun! I love all your pics. well worth the loading time. So I wanted to talk to you about my recent purchase:) Let me know when you are in Utah, we will get together!! love ya

Michelle said...

Julie, I heard about it from your mom. Can't wait to hear how things are! We'll be in Salt Lake from July 3-11. We should absolutely get together. It's been way too long! TJ will be working during the day that week, so I can come up to your house if you're not going to be in Salt Lake.

three dogs and a logan couple said...

What an awesome trip! By the way, Norman totally has a crush on Puppy. If you ever need a dogsitter, lemme know!