Monday, April 27, 2009

Wedding & Graduation - Our Crazy, Fun, Hectic Trip to Utah

Here's a re-cap of our fabulous trip to Utah...

Wednesday: TJ, the boys, and I drove to Provo. We had Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites on CD for the boys to listen to. I finished reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer. It was a great read. We arrived in Provo around dinner time and had dinner with TJ's family. We stayed at my parent's condo in SLC that night.

Thursday: We drove back to Provo for Mark and Tracy's baby blessing. Little Ella is adorable and is was nice to have all the family there for the occasion. All the girls in the Badger family went to Jessica's baby shower that night. We played some fun games, ate, and watched Jessica open all her cute baby gifts.

Friday: TJ and the boys went to the rehearsal luncheon for his sister, Rebecca's wedding while I went with my parents to my brother's BYU graduation. Mark graduated in biology and plans to go to USC for dental school this fall. We had a celebratory dipped cone from Dairy Queen afterwards with Steve and Andra Duke. That night, we had a dinner party for Mark at the Spaghetti Factory. TJ hung out with his brothers while the Badger girls had Rebecca's bridal shower. After Mark's dinner, we had dessert at the condo.

Saturday: Rebecca and Tabor got married at 10:00 in the Salt Lake temple! The sealing was beautiful. It was rainy weather, but luckily it stopped while we were taking pictures. Their reception was that afternoon in the Joseph Smith Building. Rebecca looked beautiful and everything was just perfect. That night, my family went out to dinner at this delicious rib restaurant called Goodwood in Draper. I'm usually not a big fan of ribs because they're just more mess than they're worth, but these ribs were DELICIOUS! So worth having bbq sauce all over my face and hands. I'd highly recommend it. At dinner were the Dukes and my Uncle Ralph and his family. TJ and the boys spent time with the Badger family and celebrated TJ's brother, Mark's birthday.

We had so much fun seeing everyone. We don't get to see all the Badgers that often, so it was fun to spend time with everyone. Until the next wedding!!!

5 comments:

Sondra said...

TJ and Michelle,
It was good seein' ya'll at the wedding. I can't believe that Brandon and Mason are so grown up! I met them when they were 5 and 3, respectively. Wow! Time has flown by.
TJ, you can tell your friend that if he has any questions about AFROTC that he can e-mail me at sondra.r.fitzgerald@gmail.com. I'd be happy to calm his concerns.

imbize said...

Wow! sounds like a lot of crap to do in one short trip! I'm sure it was a blast! ;)

Kori said...

Looks like you have been busy! All the kids look so cute dressed up. Your step-sons are handsome guys!

DMom said...

Beautiful pictures. Congratulations to Mark and I hope to see you and TJ in St. George just before the big Harley ride.

Indiana Fowlers said...

Love the pictures--super fun to see everyone--there's never enough time!